Friday, August 17, 2007

Thanks Troy


So, I was driving along this morning trying to find a plastic blow up "kid" pool. My sister and I wanted to buy a pool and then lay in it, hey, the days are hot, and times call for desperate measures. Well, after being told that the Walmart on 6th street was sold out of kiddie pools, I attempted to drive to the Walmart by the mall. It was hot, and by this time my hair was matted to my head, and sweat was dripping down my back soaking my shirt. As I pulled into the parking lot I heard, "thump, pud dump, thump", and immediately prayed, "Lord, please don't let that be another flat." (I had already had a flat tire a month ago.) Well, I parked the car, got out and checked the driver side tires, and then went around and checked the passenger side...and there it was...THE FLAT. Well, I called my mom...I've seen a flat changed before, but sadly I didn't know completely how to do it all by myself. My mom arrived within 10 minutes, and we both started to assess the situation. We hauled out the flat tire, the jack, and all the little gadgets from the trunk. We both were on our hands and knees trying to see where exactly we were supposed to place the jack under the car when we heard, "Wait ladies, stop what you're doing, I can help." A guy pulled in front of my car and hopped out. He was a smaller replica of Mr. Clean: short, completely bald, white shirt and blue jeans. He said his name was Troy, and that he was a mechanic. I swear I almost heard the angles cry, "Hallelujah!" It was like watching one of those mechanics during the Nascar races. What would have taken my mom and me an hour, Troy managed to change the flat in 10 minutes top! The best part was Troys humility, and joyful attitude the entire time. I mean, the guy was drenched with sweat and dirty by the end of it all, yet he was so helpful and pleasant. I was really blessed by Troy today. I hope to pass on/repay the help and favor to someone else when they need it. But more importantly, I hope I do it with a joyful and sincere heart.

No comments: