Sunday, October 7, 2007

3:10 to Yuma...boo hiss!

For those of you who are thinking about going to see 3:10 to Yuma, think again. I would NOT waste my money to go see this movie, I repeat I would NOT waste my money to go see this movie. I was actually excited to see this movie. I secretly really like Western themed movies, plus Christian Bale and Russel Crowe are two really great actors...you can't go wrong right? Wrong. The movie started out good, but slowly got more cheesy and unrealistic. The ending is just dumb. So, just FYI I don't recommend it.

8 comments:

James Miller said...

I don't know that realism is what I go for when I see a movie about the romanticized American West. But, I thought this movie was excellent. The only part I didn't like that much was the very end. But they can't change the ending to a remake of an old movie/famous short story. Needless to say, Christian Bale and Russell Crowe were incredible in their roles...especially Crowe.

James Miller said...

And by the very end, I mean the final showdown. I liked the aftermath of that...with Crowe, the son, and the gang.

Schellhase said...

Yeah, I agree with James. Boo hiss on your review of what I thought was the best movie I've seen in theaters this year.

Mere O. said...

Ya'll are mad; however, you are entitled to your own opinion. I felt it was remarkably lame and cheesy. The acting was good, I give you that, but it just didn't do it for me. Gosh, leave it to Miller and Schellhase to rip my reviews to shreds! Boo hiss on that! :)

Schellhase said...

By the way, it was great seeing you at Grove Sunday; sorry, about the over-the-top booing.

Wes said...

I enjoyed it...didn't flat out LOVE it, but I definitely thought it was a solid movie.

Stu said...

Yeah, that was a really good movie....not the best I've ever seen, but the best this year. Sorry Mere.

Shelli said...

Meredith...its official...your review of this movie is just WRONG! You get an "F" in movie critique 101.

Sorry. I loved it!