Thursday, October 4, 2007

Things I have done/have happened to me since my last post.

I finished Blue Like Jazz.
-It's a really awesome book. It's not one of those life-changing, spiritually meaty kind of books, but it has really made me re-question why I believe the things I do, and it challenged me in ways that I need to be challenged in. I highly recommend it to both males and females.

I got a job.
-That's right, a REAL job! For those of you who don't know, my official title is "Party Rental Assistant". Basically, Fayetteville Athletic Club rents out their kid's play area for parties, and I show up, get things ready, stand around, serve some cake, and clean up. Hey, I get a free membership and tips aren't bad either. Oh yeah, and Gennie's my boss.

I saw the movie Driving Lessons.
-I linked the trailer so you can go watch it yourself. It's basically a quirky British comedy about a boy coming of age. It is super quirky, super funny, has a great cast, and has an awesome soundtrack. It never made to the big screen in the states, but I've been dying to see it, and I almost peed my pants when I saw it at Movie Gallery. It's a good flick, I recommend it.

I started doing observations/teaching in a Special Education Classroom
-I'm assigned to Washington Elementary School off Maple Street. I've always prayed/wondered about teaching special education, and this has been a really great experience to see if this is something I would like to pursue. The kids are great...I'm sure I will have some great quotes coming soon to share with you all!

That's all for now. I'm going to try and update more often!

No comments: